Traveling Gavel Alex - Captured Oct 20, 2009
October 20, 2009 - After nearly a year of living with The Bureaucrats Club #790849 in Poughkeepsie, Alex the traveling gavel is moving down the road and will be residing with Hudson Valley Orators #1353091. The raid was successfully carried out this afternoon by HVO members: Janice Parker, Karin von Känel, Deanna Dunn and Adam Izzo. I challenge other Area 1 clubs to raid the HVO club and provide Alex with sanctuary from the Poughkeepsie Police Station's Community Room...Break him out!
See you next month in Saratoga!
Dan Coots, President
The Bureaucrats Toastmasters Club
Traveling Gavel Rules and Guidelines
- Encourage joint Toastmaster Club meetings;
- Share talents and knowledge of communications and leadership; and
- Extend the fellowship of Toastmasters.
- Three (or more) Toastmaster members, from the same club, visit the target Club who currently holds that Traveling Gavel. Please call ahead and announce your intent to visit.
- The visiting Toastmasters must participate in the target Club meeting in some way.
- The visiting Toastmasters "Capture" or take the Traveling Gavel at the end of the meeting; returning to display the captured Traveling Gavel at their next Toastmasters Club meeting.
- Once a Traveling Gavel is captured, the visiting Toastmasters must announce the new home for the Traveling Gavel. They must complete the Gavel Captured! form on the main menu of the District 53 web site. This form will ask you for the following information:
- Name - The name of the person submitting the information
- Email - The email address of the person submitting the information (in case the webmaster has questions)
- Subject - Enter a subject such as Traveling Gavel xxx captured on mm/dd/yyyy
- Gavel Name - Enter the name of the gavel that was captured
- Capture Date - Enter the date of the capture
- Capturing Club - Enter the name and number of the club that captured the gavel
- Captured From - Enter the name and number of the club from which the gavel was captured
- Brag... - Use this space to describe the capture, including names of club members doing the capturing, etc.
Page 2 of 2«StartPrev12NextEnd»